The IT industry attracts not only engineering students to make a prospective career in this field but also attracts students from the commerce field. And a BCom course with a specialisation in Information technology helps them secure notable job positions in IT and related industries.
And if joining the IT industry excites you, you can join BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu. To further help you out in making an informed decision for joining this course, in this blog we have included the details of why you should choose this course and the admission process of this course in a reputed college of Tamilnadu SMS CAS.
Table of Contents
BCom IT- Course Overview
BCom Information Technology is an undergraduate program that focuses on teaching concepts of information technology & computer science and its use in the field of Commerce. In this course, colleges teach practical and theoretical aspects of software testing, software development, software engineering, etc.
Course Highlights of the BCom colleges in Coimbatore, SMS CAS-
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Examination Mode||Semester-wise exam|
|Minimum Eligibility||Minimum 50% in class 12th.|
|Course Fee||15,000 per year|
|Higher education options||Master in Business Administration (MBA)Master in Commerce (M.Com) CFACMACACS|
Why should you pursue a BCom IT course?
- Enormous career options– After studying BCom IT course, they can find career opportunities in the field of computer science, finance, economics, IT, etc.
- Helps in building creative solutions– This course combines computer science and commerce, which will be useful in future endeavors to embrace technical difficulties for building creative solutions that culminate in research and development.
- Job versatility- Another reason you can choose to study this course is because it offers job versatility. With this degree in hand, you can pursue higher education courses such as MCom, MBA, CA, CS, etc. as well as join public/private sector organisations as an employee.
The popular job options available for students from the best colleges for BCom in Tamilnadu are-
- Information security analyst
- Information technologist
- System Administrator
- System Analyst
- Information Architect
- Computer support specialist
- IT Manager
- Resident Engineer
- Database administrator
- Web Designer
- High salary– Due to the availability of enormous career opportunities in various fields, studying at BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu is rewarding. According to PayScale, BCom IT graduates in India can earn an average salary of Rs. 5,81,000 per annum.
Let’s take a look at the average salary offered to different BCom IT job positions in India
|Job Positions||Average Salary (per annum) in INR|
|Customer support specialist||3,00,000|
|Information technology Manager||7,50,000|
|Senior technical support analyst||6,23,261|
Admission procedure for BCom IT course
To secure admission at one of the leading BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu, the admission procedure is as follows-
- The admission procedure will be conducted through an Online application portal of SMS CAS as per the guidelines of the Tamil Nadu government.
- To be eligible for studying at SMS CAS, one of the best BCom colleges in Tamilnadu-
- Age criteria: 17 to 25 years
- Candidates must have successfully completed class 10+2 in any stream.
- Candidates must have earned at least 50% grade in their class 12 final grade, or the equivalent, from an accredited board of education.
- Once the applicants fill in all the accurate & authentic information & documents in the application with the course fee, then admission will be considered completed.
- Documents required-
- Valid Email-id
- Original mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Community Certificate if applicable
- Students who are unable to fill out the online application form and fill in the details in hard copy and submit it in the drop box at the college campus.
Reasons to choose SMS CAS to Study BCom course
- This is one of the best arts and science colleges in Tamilnadu that offers quality education and great infrastructure that includes residential facilities, transport facilities, Computer labs, sports facilities, etc.
- This college will help you in getting training and placement in 100+ prominent companies like TCS, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Wipro, Capgemini, Amazon, Zoho, IDBI Bank, etc.
- Industry leaders are frequently invited to the campus to offer workshops and seminars to introduce students to the real business world.
- Distinguished teaching faculties with extensive backgrounds in both teaching & research experience work at the college.
- This is one of the best BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu that is located at a prime position in southern India’s industrial hub, which provides our business graduates with intriguing employment opportunities.
The IT industry is one of the growing industries in India and worldwide. And by joining one of the leading BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu you’ll open various career avenues for you in Indian public/private sector enterprises as well as in foreign countries like Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Germany, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the skills requisite for a BCom IT graduate?
To create a successful profession after completing the BCom IT course, you’ll need these skills-
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Creativity Skills
- Computer skills
- Research Skills
- Mathematical skills
- Productivity skills
- What are the subjects I’ll study in BCom IT?
Financial accounting, Business Management, software testing, Software engineering & development, Economics, E-Commerce, management information system, etc. are certain subjects that you’ll study in the BCom It course.
- Can a commerce student get a job in the IT sector?
Yes, a commerce student can join and make a successful career in the IT sector with a BCom information technology course. You can study this course at the best BCom IT colleges in Tamilnadu.
- Which industries in India hire BCom IT graduates?
In India, software development firms, banks, IT organisations, and taxation departments from both the private and public sectors hire BCom IT graduates.
- How to excel the BCom Information Technology course?
Listed down certain preparation tips for excelling in BCom information technology-
- Make a timetable by allotting time for study and leisure
- Attending regular classes in college
- Participating in inter-departmental and inter-college competition
- Attending workshops, seminars, and webinars
- Asking for doubts from teachers, and peer-groups.