Engineering is one of the courses that opens the door to various career options. And engineering graduates are either not aware of all the available options or may get confused in selecting the right career prospect for them. If you are in the same boat, we are here with our blog to guide you regarding all the career options available for you after studying at the best engineering colleges in Solapur.
Table of Contents
Engineering courses- Overview
The design and building of tools, machinery, and structures are under the purview of engineering courses. Various branches of engineering, and there are countless subfields within each branch. There are various BTech & m tech colleges in Maharashtra that offer engineering courses in multiple specialisations.
Let’s check out the engineering course details at Terna College of Engineering, Osmanabad.
|Course Name||B Tech||Master of Technology|
|Course Duration||4 years||2 years|
|Course Specialisation||Mechanical EngineeringComputer Science & EngineeringArtificial Intelligence & Data ScienceCivil EngineeringElectronics and Telecommunication Engineering||Computer Science & EngineeringMechanical DesignElectronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|Minimum Eligibility||Candidates should have passed the class 10+2 level examination with science stream or equivalent. Admission will be provided based on the merit list of MHT CET.||Candidates should have passed BTech or equivalent examination in the relevant stream with a minimum score of 50% from the recognised college/University. GATE qualification|
Career Prospects after Studying Engineering
1. College Placements- If you have been enrolled for BTech or MTech in one of the best private engineering colleges in Maharashtra, the best career option after completion of your course is getting a job through college placements. This is one of the easiest ways of securing a job in leading companies without facing much competition.
2. Internships- To gain practical work-life exposure, and learn industry-relevant skills, joining an internship/training in your interest domain is another career option after studying at one of the best engineering colleges in Solapur. Internship exposure will also help you build a network with industry professionals and that will benefit you to accelerate your career. This career option will help you decide whether you want to pursue higher education courses or a job.
3. Jobs in the private sector– Apart from getting a job through campus placement, another career option you can seek after studying in the top-rated engineering colleges in Osmanabad, is finding a job in the private sector by directly contacting the company management professionals or job search portals. Based on your specialisation you can find numerous career opportunities in IT, manufacturing, software development, construction sectors, etc.
The popular job options available in the private sector are-
|Production Engineer||Mechanical Engineer||Software Engineer|
|Electronics & Communication Engineer||Robotics Engineer||Data Analyst|
|Construction Engineer||Lecturer/Professor||Information Technology Engineer|
|Civil Engineer||Mining Engineer||Web Developer|
4. Entrepreneurship– Due to positive government policies and a rising number of incubation centers in colleges, Indian students are getting attracted to starting an entrepreneurship firm. And engineering courses from the best engineering colleges in Solapur will equip you with the necessary skills & knowledge to become a successful entrepreneur.
5. PSU Jobs- Public sector Undertakings organisations offer lucrative career options for students graduating from the best BTech colleges in Maharashtra. They recruit BTech & MTech graduates on contractual, permanent, and temporary job profiles with or without a GATE score. However, appearing for the GATE examination after completing your BTech course is advisable.
6. Teaching & Research– Students from the best engineering colleges in Solapur with an interest in joining schools as teachers can pursue a B.Ed course whereas students with an interest can pursue PhD degree after completing a postgraduate degree in engineering.
7. Civil services examinations- There are various civil services exams such as UPSC, SSC, etc. that you can pursue to secure the most reputed job in India of IAS, IPS, IFS, etc.
8. Higher Education options– Students after studying BTech from the best engineering colleges in Solapur can look forward to studying MTech courses to further enhance their skill set, knowledge, and expertise over a subject domain. Whereas students interested in making a career in the management field can pursue an MBA course.
Additionally, there are various short-term courses available for engineering graduates on cloud computing, AI & machine learning, big data, web development, etc. Students can also study these certificate programs for skill advancement.
Reasons to choose Terna College of Engineering, Osmanabad to pursue Engineering courses
- To keep the students informed about the latest change in technology and techniques, this college organises various workshops and seminars.
- This is considered one of the best engineering colleges in Maharashtra to offer top-notch curriculum & placement opportunities to its BTech & MTech students.
- To give students the best campus experiences the college offers an infrastructure with all the essential amenities. Additionally, various committees such as the Anti-ragging committee, women’s development cell, etc. have been established to look after the safety & security of the students.
With this blog, you can see there are multiple opportunities available for engineering graduates whether you wish to join government organisations, enter into the research field, or climb the corporate ladder. Now you can select the career option based on your interest area and career goal and if you wish to join an MTech course after BTech, you can enroll in the best engineering colleges in Solapur.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which engineering course is best?
All the engineering courses have a great future scope but computer science & engineering and Artificial intelligence & machine learning are considered to be the best in India due to the emerging technologies of this stream and their applicability in various sectors.
- Are engineers in demand?
Engineers are the most demanding professionals not only in India but worldwide. According to the US Bureau of labour statistics, there will be a large demand for engineers in the next 10 years.
- Can I pursue a BTech course without Maths?
No, you need to have mathematics, physics, and chemistry as the main subjects in class 12th to apply for Btech courses in any college/University.
- What is the salary of BTech graduates in India?
After studying at the best engineering colleges in Solapur BTech graduates can earn an average salary of INR 7,76,000 per annum.