The business arena in today’s world is making people go flabbergasted with its stupendous development and are you someone who aspires to be a part of it?
If yes, then it is time to strengthen your qualification with a master’s degree and the best one for this will be a Master of Commerce pursued in top colleges such as Cheran Arts Science College, one of the best MCom colleges in Coimbatore and others.
This article will provide an idea about the MCom course, its admission process, etc. Explore more to know more.
Table of Contents
Do you know that the business community has hired around 12% of commerce-oriented graduates in the recent five years? Isn’t this a significant rate?
This hiring rate showcases that the career scope for commerce graduates is immense in recent and upcoming years, so it is time for you to know about MCom courses.
Here are the course highlights of the Master of Commerce in the best arts and science colleges in Tamilnadu and other places:
|Course||Master of Commerce (MCom)|
|Course Description||Master of Commerce (MCom) is an advanced level commerce-oriented course that educates concepts such as accounting, financial management, banking, finance, etc.|
|Duration||M Com Duration is 2 years.|
Pursuing a Master of Commerce at the best colleges in Coimbatore and others requires certain eligibility and skills that can make the candidates suitable for the profession. Take a look at the requirements below:
The basic M Com Course Eligibility Criteria at the top arts and science colleges in Tamilnadu are as follows:
- Candidates should have completed BCom or BCom Hons with a minimum of 50% aggregate in any recognized educational institution.
- Specific colleges consider candidates with relevant degrees such as BFIA, BA Economics & Statistics, BBS, and BBE with at least 60% aggregate score.
A relaxation of 5% is offered in certain colleges for reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC based on Government norms.
Admission to the Master of Commerce course is provided either on a merit basis or an entrance exam basis.
Certain top colleges like Cheran Arts and Science College, one of the best colleges in Tamilnadu for arts and science provide merit-based admission considering BCom score while certain colleges consider entrance exams such as PU CET, CUCET, etc.
Admission to the Master of Commerce also requires the following:
- Transfer Certificate from the last studied institution.
- HSC or equivalent mark statement
- UG Marksheet
- Community/Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs (5 Nos.)
- Copy of Aadhar card
Pursuing any course requires a certain set of skills and so does Master of Commerce in top colleges such as Cheran Arts Science College, one of the top MCom colleges in Coimbatore,and others. Here are the skills that are required for the Master of Commerce course:
- Communication skills
- Team management skills
- Leadership skills
- Team playing skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
There are many top colleges such as Cheran College of Arts and Science, one of the top MCom colleges in Coimbatore, and others that offer remarkable MCom courses, and here are as follows:
|Top MCom Colleges||Average Course Fee in INR|
|Cheran College of Arts and Science||15,000 PA|
|Mahatma Gandhi University, School of Distance Education||5,000 PA|
|Annamalai University||7,000 PA|
|Kerala State Open University||13,500 PA|
Seeking admission to top colleges such as Cheran Arts Science College, one of the top MCom colleges in Coimbatore is the most important factor for a quality education. Here are the steps to guide you to seek admission for an MCom course:
Step 1: List out your desired MCom colleges
The first step to choosing the college is to know the colleges.
Yes. List out the colleges that you feel meeting your satisfaction. Note it, colleges that are felt accepted, are not found accepted.
Step 2: Analyse specific factors in colleges
Certain factors are essential for a college to get qualified as the ideal one. It is important to make sure those factors are found in your chosen college to get a quality education.
Here are the factors that need to be checked in the best college:
- Accreditation: Best MCom Colleges in Coimbatoreand others should be accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Affiliation: Affiliation is very necessary to determine the standard of the college. It is essential for the best colleges in Coimbatore and other places to be affiliated with any of the recognized universities.
- Curriculum: Certain colleges have their own way of inculcating the curriculum in the courses. So, it is crucial to go through the curriculum of your chosen MCom course in a particular college.
- Other Infrastructures: Infrastructure is not specific to any MCom colleges but has to be available in all good standard colleges. Some of the essential required infrastructures include libraries, sports facilities, canteen, and hostel facilities which include mess, transport facilities, and emergency healthcare facilities.
Step 3: Decide your MCom Specialisation
Master of Commerce (MCom) course is offered in various specialisations in renowned colleges such as Cheran College of Arts and Science, one of the best MCom colleges in Coimbatore, and others.
Here are some of the MCom Specializations:
- MCom Computer Applications
- MCom Accounting & Finance
- MCom Taxation
- MCom Marketing
- MCom Business Management
- MCom Banking and Finance
So analyse each specialisation and decide on yours.
Step 4: Analyse the fee structure of your chosen MCom course.
Once done with checking the factors, now it is time to analyse the fee structure.
Get the fee structure of colleges that you have on your list and compare to find the one that matches your affordability.
Step 5: Finalise the college
With all four steps completed, now it is time to finalize your MCom college. Having checked and analysed all the factors, there is always an intuition that says, “ Go for it!” for a particular college that will be your ideal MCom college and confidently seek your admission.
The business world of today is demanding skilled commerce professionals and so graduates with an MCom degree from top MCom colleges in Coimbatoreand other places are greatly welcomed with a bright career scope.
- What is the salary after a Master’s in Commerce?
The salary after a Master’s in Commerce usually ranges between INR 4 LPA to INR 15 LPA based on experience.
- Is M.Com similar to MBA?
No, M.com is different from MBA as it concentrates more on commerce along with management while MBA concentrates majorly on management studies.
- Does an M.Com course cover managerial skills?
Yes, managerial skills are trained in M.Com students during placement training sessions in colleges.
- Are there Ph.D. courses after M.Com?
Yes, there are Ph. D courses after M.Com such as Ph.D. in Finance, Ph.D. in Accounting and Finance, etc.
- Can M.Com land students in foreign jobs?
Yes, M.Com students can land foreign jobs as well because business firms all over the world require commerce experts for the health running of the company.