Did you know that India employs 54% of its population in the agriculture sector? That calls for a wide scope in the field especially why the GoI is pushing agricultural productivity to improve farmer’s income. Just like every sector, agriculture seeks experts to improve its profitability. If you are someone who comes from a background in soil science, crop and livestock production, agricultural economics, digital agriculture, etc, you need to enrol in MSc Agriculture college in MP.
Through this blog, you will understand how MSc in Agriculture equips you to combine traditional agricultural practices with cutting-edge digital technologies. Your degree and experience can help you in increasing farm productivity and efficiency. As you embark on this journey, you enable one of the core sectors of India to reach its full potential.
Table of Contents
MSc in Agriculture:
With a limited MSc agriculture college in MP and wide scope in the field, an MSc in agriculture is one of the most rewarding careers for graduates. Let’s first understand the course curriculum at Mansarovar Global University (MGU), Bhopal.
|Course Type||Post Graduation|
|Course format||Semester mode|
|Scholarships||Provided under various central and state govt. Schemes.|
Facts to consider before enrolling:
The program is offered in the following major streams-
|Agronomy||Environmental Science||Plant Breeding|
|Agriculture Extension||Horticulture||Plant Pathology|
|Agriculture Economics||Meteorology||Soil Science|
- You need to have a minimum of 50% in B.Sc. Agriculture or Horticulture or equivalent.
- Relaxation to reserved category students as per State Govt. norms. (5% relaxation to the students of North East states including Sikkim/ Defense Personnel and their Dependents/ Wards of Kashmiri Migrants)
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH as per State Government norms
Let us now look at why M.Sc in Agriculture is a way forward to boost your career opportunities:
Top 5 Inspiring Reasons to Pursue MSc in Agriculture
- Specialised knowledge: Emphasis on developing E-technology to aid farmers and double their income is of priority for the country. With an MSc in Agriculture, you get the opportunity to be the front-runner in their development.
- MGU Bhopal, the best university in Madhya Pradesh has a career development cell: MAANAS, which strives to expose you to real field issues through industrial visits and expert lectures.
- Research opportunities: You get multiple opportunities to research with top research bodies like ICAR- Indian Council of Agricultural Research. With the increase in demand for genome editing, you would get a responsibility to contribute towards ensuring food security.
- Career prospects:
1. Private– Msc. Agricultural graduates are high in demand in plantation estates, and major co-operatives like AMUL. You can operate in a managerial or scientific capacity.Public- Various public bodies like FCI, NABARD, IFFCO, etc issue notifications for hiring MSc Agriculture graduates. This ensures job security, lucrative incentives and social prestige.
2. Abroad– You may pursue your PhD. or research in specialisations like soil science, gene editing, and biotechnology to further your research or become a college professor.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities: Various startups are mushrooming in the field of seed production, fertiliser manufacturing, technology development, etc. M.Sc in Agriculture equips you to utilise your laboratory skills on the fields to ensure better productivity, minimise crop losses and develop sustainable approaches in farming.
- International Significance: Your degree equips you to collaborate with global institutions like FAO and World Food Programme. You can collaborate with NGOs like Greenpeace, PETA, Intl. Rice Research Institute, etc to further global progress in sustainable agricultural practices.
Now, you are aware of the diverse areas where you can develop your career. You must be excited to know about MSc agriculture college in MP where you can better your career prospects.
The best Private Agriculture college in Bhopal, MP
Central India is known for high agricultural productivity, which gives you an opportunity to work in some of the prominent research institutes like- the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indore; Central Potato Research Institute, Bhopal, etc. Hence, it is crucial that you opt for an MSc agriculture college in MP.
Major private institutes include:
- Mansarovar Global University (MGU), Bhopal
- G H Raisoni University, Chhindwara
- RKDF University, Bhopal
- Mangalayatan University, Jabalpur
- Eklavya University, Damoh
Private agriculture college in bhopal, is equipped with modern classrooms and the best laboratory facilities, for you to upskill your practical knowledge. We are sure, this blog helped you in evaluating your options. Do not hesitate more and give your dreams wings by applying to MGU, Bhopal. Limited seats are available.
You should remember that MSc agriculture college in MP prepares you with intensive laboratory work, industrial exposure and expert guidance. As an MSc Agriculture graduate, you get immense opportunities to develop your career in the corporate, public sector and even research institutes.
With limited seats across India, an MSc. in Agriculture graduates are high in demand due to its wide scope. With India increasingly moving towards research in genetic crops, technology for animal husbandry and fisheries, horticulture and floriculture, job opportunities are expected to rise exponentially.
- What is the job after MSc in Agriculture?
You can get jobs in corporates, startups, public sector units and research institutes. Jobs in managerial and scientific capacity are major profiles available to graduates.
- What is the future scope of MSc Agriculture?
Top positions for MSc Agriculture graduates are- Research scientist, laboratory assistant, Agronomist, Farm manager, E-state coordinator, etc. The average salary ranges from 2 to 7 LPA for entry-level roles.
- Which MSc Agriculture course has the highest salary?
The top 5 disciplines that can get you the highest salary are:
- Organic Farming
- Plant breeding
- Soil Science
- How can I make a career in Agriculture?
You can pursue a B.Sc in Agriculture from a recognized university. With M.Sc in Agriculture your options to upscale your career multiplies.
- Is NEET required for agriculture?
No, NEET is not required. Most colleges accept your HSC mark sheet. However, you can appear for entrance exams conducted by ICAR.